Dave is a Vice President and serves on the bank's Board of Directors. He was born in Tyndall but grew up in Onida, SD. He received his undergraduate degree from South Dakota State University in 1985. Dave began his banking career in 1985 as a part-time teller at First National Bank in Brookings. He returned to Tyndall in 1992 to start working with Tom Laird and Security State Bank. He will celebrate his 30-year anniversary with Security Bank in November of 2022.
“My favorite part about banking is the long-term relationships I have developed with my co-workers and clients. It is very satisfying to see the bank playing a part in helping clients realize their dreams for their farms, businesses and families.”
He and his wife, Patty have been married 33 years and have three grown sons. They like to road trip to visit the boys, attend SDSU Jackrabbit football and basketball games and ride their road bikes. They plan to bike the 470-mile Ride Across South Dakota in the summer of 2022.
- Tyndall Development Corporation - Treasurer and Board Member
- Tyndall Community Foundation - Board Member and past President
- Tyndall Chamber of Commerce - Past President and Treasurer
- Bon Homme Conservation District - District Supervisor
- St Leo Catholic Church - Trustee/Financial Council
- St Leo Catholic Church - Cemetery Board Secretary
- Many years volunteering for youth sports and activities